If you’re interested in web and mobile trends, this is a nice quick read (by awwwards.com, free).
This book gathered great insights from experts of a variety of fields: design, development, content strategy etc.
Highlights for the trends of the mobilizing web (order doesn’t matter):
- Keep it simple and stupid, easy-to-use and friendly
- Make it visual and interactive
- Improve scalability and performance
- Provide a good ecological environment, nurture online content with offline services
- Inspire users
- Content-focused: storytelling, localization
- Flat design
- Customization (personalization)
- Utilize latest technologies
I love all the interviews in this book, and my personal favorite is from Karen McGrane, Content, User Experience Strategist. Here are a few quotes from Karen:
You don’t get to decide which device people use to visit your website. They do.
Mobile is not the Lite version. I think this will be the year of the mobile be the year of the mobile top redirects.
And check out Karen’s three big principles that inform her approach to content strategy for web and mobile.