There are lots of wonderful talks and meetups around the bay area, especially in SF. As UX Designers, we should go out to get new knowledge, meet other designers, hear, talk about what’s going on in the tech and design/non-design world.
Here are a list of talks/meetups that I recommend. If cannot go, some of them recorded the talks:
- SF & NY Designers + Geeks: they have monthly talk on really interesting topics, the topic in SF on Aug 21st is Fashion Tech. I’m going. Check out their previous talk videos.
- SF & NY Creative Mornings: interesting topics. Check out their previous talk videos.
Below are meetups for SFers:
- San Francisco Internet of Things: they are definitely on the new happenings in the tech world
- Cascade SF: nice community with a cool organizer. Next talk by Alan Cooper on personas on Aug 27, 2014
- Design Thinking: haven’t had a chance to go to this group, but looks great
- Lean UX SF: nice big community with great speakers
- UX Eye: nice community with interesting topics
- Bay Area UX/UI Mobile Design: wonderful speakers
- Enterprise UX: Enterprise-focused
- Startup Product Talks SFBay: for any of you who is interested in products, product management